Black & Decker Coffee Maker Recall
Black and Decker has issued a recall of approximately 9,800 coffee maker sold between April of 2008 to July of 2009 due to a burn hazard. The product in question is an 8 cup coffee maker with model number TCM1000IKT. If you suspect you have purchased this product, you should look on the bottom of your coffee maker and compare the model number.
If you have purchased this particular coffee maker, do not take any chances. Stop using it immediately. Although no injuries have been reported as of yet, it can be very dangerous as one of the coffee makers is reported to have overheated and melted, creating a potentially dangerous situation.
The coffee maker was sold at small retail stores as well as larger chains, including Wal-Mart. They sold for between $50 to $65. If you have purchased one, please contact the coffee maker’s distributor, Applica Consumer Products, at (866) 699-4595 or www.acprecall.com . They will replace the coffee maker for free.
- Kitties and Coffee? Welcome to the Cat Cafe! - May 15, 2016
- Getting Frosty Cold With Coffee - July 1, 2014
- Coffee Flour Anyone? - April 11, 2014
- What Would Happen If Starbucks Had A Bouncer? - March 26, 2014
- Spice Up Your Holidays With Coffee - December 20, 2013
- The Holidays Bring Out the Best in One Starbucks’ Customer - December 19, 2013
- The Perfect Coffee Mug? - December 18, 2013
- We charge extra for rude???? - December 15, 2013
- Kopi Luwak Coffee Can Now Be Authenticated! - August 28, 2013
- Coffee, Your Liver’s New Best Friend - August 21, 2013