Studies have shown that coffee is good for the heart, but not when directly injected into it!!
Rejane Telles, a Brazilian nursing student, has found herself on the receiving end of an involuntary manslaughter charge after injecting coffee and milk into the IV line of an 80 year old woman. It went straight to her heart and killed her. The student had only three days of job experience when the incident occurred.
Telles denies any intent to kill the patient stating that there were 2 lines, one for feedings and one for the blood drip and she simply chose the wrong line. “They were next to each other, anyone can get confused. I injected the coffee and I put it in the wrong place,”
If this wasn’t sad enough, the ladies daughter was there when it happened and she watched her mother die. “I saw my mother was agitated. She opened her mouth, and this youngster put coffee with milk into (her) veins,” the daughter said.
Three other persons are also facing charges due to the death.
- Kitties and Coffee? Welcome to the Cat Cafe! - May 15, 2016
- Getting Frosty Cold With Coffee - July 1, 2014
- Coffee Flour Anyone? - April 11, 2014
- What Would Happen If Starbucks Had A Bouncer? - March 26, 2014
- Spice Up Your Holidays With Coffee - December 20, 2013
- The Holidays Bring Out the Best in One Starbucks’ Customer - December 19, 2013
- The Perfect Coffee Mug? - December 18, 2013
- We charge extra for rude???? - December 15, 2013
- Kopi Luwak Coffee Can Now Be Authenticated! - August 28, 2013
- Coffee, Your Liver’s New Best Friend - August 21, 2013