Love caramel and coffee? I know I do. I found this fantastic recipe that will be perfect for your holiday gatherings. Its Coffee and Bay Leaf Caramels.
This recipe serves 6 people, if you choose to share it. After your first bite you might decide that they family an make due with pie and cake and keep them all for yourself! Here is how you make them.
100g caster sugar
1 tbsp whisky
fresh bay leaf
300ml soy milk
¼ cup espresso coffee
3 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
55g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla paste
For the caramel, place sugar in a saucepan and add 1 tablespoon of water, heat to a light golden caramel. Stir in the whisky and bay leaf and heat to a deep golden colour, remove the bay leaf and pour the caramel into metal dariole moulds, tipping around to coat the sides. Boil your kettle.
For the custard, scald the soy milk and cream in a saucepan, add the coffee and remove from the heat. Whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla together lightly, then whisk in the milk mixture and pour into the moulds.
Place into a deep tray and pour boiling water halfway up the sides of the moulds. Bake in a preheated 160C oven for 40 minutes. Refrigerate until chilled. Serve with grilled peaches or pears and cream.
I know your friends and family will love them. They are delicious!
- Kitties and Coffee? Welcome to the Cat Cafe! - May 15, 2016
- Getting Frosty Cold With Coffee - July 1, 2014
- Coffee Flour Anyone? - April 11, 2014
- What Would Happen If Starbucks Had A Bouncer? - March 26, 2014
- Spice Up Your Holidays With Coffee - December 20, 2013
- The Holidays Bring Out the Best in One Starbucks’ Customer - December 19, 2013
- The Perfect Coffee Mug? - December 18, 2013
- We charge extra for rude???? - December 15, 2013
- Kopi Luwak Coffee Can Now Be Authenticated! - August 28, 2013
- Coffee, Your Liver’s New Best Friend - August 21, 2013