Women have fought to get rid of cellulite for years. Now it seems that there is a way to rid yourself of the unsightly stuff. Coffee!!!. That’s right, plain, caffeinated coffee.
Putting coffee on your skin seems to reduce cellulite, or at the very least, the appearance of it. Cosmetic companies have caught on to this and are now using coffee and/or caffiene in some of their anti-cellulite creams. Look for it on the label. Of course, you can also use coffee grounds to get the same effect, but it is much more messy than the creams, which can be expensive.
If you choose to use coffee grounds, its important to do so at least 3 times a week to acheive and maintain the desired results. To do the treatment with coffee grounds, apply warm coffee grounds all over your body and massage it in. Then you wrap yourself in plastic wrap for twenty minutes.
So how does this work?
The caffeine in coffee is the secret. Caffeine helps widen the blood vessel of the body and stimulates the fat cells, breaking them down. Warning though, if you drink huge amounts of coffee daily, your cellulite could look worse. It seems that caffeine when ingested promotes more cellulite formation. Topical application of caffeine does not have this effect.
The rule of thumb when it comes to cellulite? Slather the coffee on and keep it comming for cellulite free thighs.
- Kitties and Coffee? Welcome to the Cat Cafe! - May 15, 2016
- Getting Frosty Cold With Coffee - July 1, 2014
- Coffee Flour Anyone? - April 11, 2014
- What Would Happen If Starbucks Had A Bouncer? - March 26, 2014
- Spice Up Your Holidays With Coffee - December 20, 2013
- The Holidays Bring Out the Best in One Starbucks’ Customer - December 19, 2013
- The Perfect Coffee Mug? - December 18, 2013
- We charge extra for rude???? - December 15, 2013
- Kopi Luwak Coffee Can Now Be Authenticated! - August 28, 2013
- Coffee, Your Liver’s New Best Friend - August 21, 2013