Coffee May Lower the Risk of Stroke in Women
According to a new study in the Journal Stroke, women who drink at least one cup of coffee a day reduce their risk of stroke by as much as 25%.
Susanna Larsson of the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm conducted the study. She followed more than 34,000 Swedish women aged 49 to 83 who were free of heart disease for 10 years. After the post-decade follow-up, there were 1,680 women who had had strokes. The study found that the women who drank at least one cup of coffee each day had a 22 to 25 percent lowered risk of stroke as compared to the women who drank less. The study also suggested that coffee can help prevent cognitive decline and can boost vision and heart health. It is also related to a reduced risk of liver cancer.
I feel healthier already!!! Drink to your health!
- Getting Frosty Cold With Coffee - July 1, 2014
- Coffee Flour Anyone? - April 11, 2014
- What Would Happen If Starbucks Had A Bouncer? - March 26, 2014
- Spice Up Your Holidays With Coffee - December 20, 2013
- The Holidays Bring Out the Best in One Starbucks’ Customer - December 19, 2013
- The Perfect Coffee Mug? - December 18, 2013
- We charge extra for rude???? - December 15, 2013
- Kopi Luwak Coffee Can Now Be Authenticated! - August 28, 2013
- Coffee, Your Liver’s New Best Friend - August 21, 2013
- Coffee Lovers Choose Baby’s Name For Undecisive Parents - June 26, 2013