Exotic Island Coconut Freeze
* 2 tb Coco Lopez Cream of Coconut
* 1/2 cup half and half or whole milk (Silk vanilla flavor works well for those who do not drink milk)
* 1 tsp Hershy’s Special Dark or Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Syrup
* 2 shots espresso
* 1 tb sugar
* 1/8 tsp banana flavoring if wanted (just adds a hint of banana and is actually very good)
* pinch of shredded coconut
* 1 cup ice
Quite Simple Directions:
Be sure to let espresso cool before putting it into the blender. All ingredients will be placed into the blender and blended until smooth. Pour into a tall glass and top with whipped cream if desired. Also, drizzle dark chocolate for an added delight. Don’t forget to sprinkle the coconut shaves on top. Very simple recipe that is absolutely dreamy and delicious!
Note about product links: I only include links to products for my recipes that I find to be superior to any other. On the cream of coconut… you can get a less expensive brand but you’re going to know it once you taste it. Sort-of kills the fantastic flavor of this fine coffee drink.
You may substitute the espresso with 1/4 cup extremely strong coffee or 1 tb dark roast instant coffe though you will not get the premium flavor with the substitutions.
An original © 2008 recipe by: Audrey the Coffee Sage