This is a new one. Did you know that drinking a cup of coffee with a plate of carbs will help athletes recover from their training sessions faster? This is according to research published in the Adelaide Advertiser. They go on to state that combing food with caffeine dramatically boosts the body’s levels of glycogen, which is the main fuel source for muscles.
Of those who added caffeine to their post-exercise meal had 66 per cent more glycogen in their muscles than those who left the caffeine off.
Reasearch indicates that carbohydrates and caffeine improve a variety of athletic performances but this is the first study to show that the combination of the two used afterwards can rapidly help muscles refuel.
To read more on this visitAdelaide Advertiser.
- Caramel Macchiato a Starbucks Copycat Recipe - September 26, 2008
- Coffee Mug Search For You! - September 23, 2008
- Make a Copy of Starbucks Gingerbread Latte - September 9, 2008
- Gingerbread Syrup : Buy It or Make It Yourself - September 9, 2008
- 5 More Delicious Coffee Quotes - September 6, 2008
- Coffee Cubes for Frozen Coffee Drink Recipes - September 3, 2008
- Maxwell House Dark Roast - September 1, 2008
- Sweeping Up The Espresso Beans At Starbucks - August 27, 2008
- Smokers Drink Their Tea and Coffee and Enjoy a Reduced Risk of Stroke - August 24, 2008
- Green Tree Coffee Coupon Code 25% off (exp: 08.31.08) - August 16, 2008