Walmart Recalls GE Coffee Makers Due to Fire Risk
Walmart has began a voluntary recall of 900,000 12 cup digital GE coffee makers, sold for $30 between March 2008 through January 2010, due to risk of overheating and fire. To find out if your coffee maker has been affected by this recall check the bottom of the base for model number 169164 or 169165. If you have either of these models stop using the unit immediately and return it to a local Walmart for a full refund even if you purchased it online.
Wal-Mart received 83 reports of “overheating, smoking, melting, burning, and fire,” according to the CPSC. At least three reports state that people were burned on their hands and feet and others report that their countertops and cabinets had been burned. There was one report of a major kitchen fire due to the coffee maker.
Any questions you might have regarding the recall should be directed to the recall hotline at (800) 925-6278 weekdays between 7 a.m. and 9 p.m. central time. To report a malfunction, contact the CPSC at (800) 638-2772
- Kitties and Coffee? Welcome to the Cat Cafe! - May 15, 2016
- Getting Frosty Cold With Coffee - July 1, 2014
- Coffee Flour Anyone? - April 11, 2014
- What Would Happen If Starbucks Had A Bouncer? - March 26, 2014
- Spice Up Your Holidays With Coffee - December 20, 2013
- The Holidays Bring Out the Best in One Starbucks’ Customer - December 19, 2013
- The Perfect Coffee Mug? - December 18, 2013
- We charge extra for rude???? - December 15, 2013
- Kopi Luwak Coffee Can Now Be Authenticated! - August 28, 2013
- Coffee, Your Liver’s New Best Friend - August 21, 2013