Kopi Luwak, also known as cat poo coffee, is taking New York by storm! It is made from the fecal droppings of a cat like creature, the civet. New Yorkers are shelling out $30 a cup for this unusual treat, according to the NY Daily News.
The civet, which is from Indonesia, creates a brew that is very “earthy” in flavor. Kopi Luwak was featured in the movie “The Bucket List”, being the only coffee that Jack Nicholson’s character would drink. The character is later horrified to learn exactly where is liquid delight origionated.
- Kitties and Coffee? Welcome to the Cat Cafe! - May 15, 2016
- Getting Frosty Cold With Coffee - July 1, 2014
- Coffee Flour Anyone? - April 11, 2014
- What Would Happen If Starbucks Had A Bouncer? - March 26, 2014
- Spice Up Your Holidays With Coffee - December 20, 2013
- The Holidays Bring Out the Best in One Starbucks’ Customer - December 19, 2013
- The Perfect Coffee Mug? - December 18, 2013
- We charge extra for rude???? - December 15, 2013
- Kopi Luwak Coffee Can Now Be Authenticated! - August 28, 2013
- Coffee, Your Liver’s New Best Friend - August 21, 2013