Millions of Senseo Coffee makers have been recalled according to Associated Press.
Apparently a buildup of chalk with a power surge can cause the boiler to explode. If you own one, and are planning on continuing using it, I would check out how to descale it, to try and make sure something like that doesn’t happen to you. Just so you know, I’m not saying that descaling it will keep this from happening, you would have to check with them to make sure.
Read how to descale your Senseo here: http://www.senseo.us/Pages/ServiceAndSupport.aspx
It doesn’t seem that anyone has been hurt yet, but if you have one that was made between 2006 and 2008 I would check to see if you are on the recall list.
Read the full article here: http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2009/04/14/ap6286822.html
- Free Coffee at McDonald’s until 09-29-2014 - September 23, 2014
- Starbucks tests 10oz Frappuccino Mini ?? - September 19, 2014
- Kauai Coffee’s Innovative New K-CUP - August 11, 2014
- Colombia Quinchia, Shearwater Coffee Roasters - August 2, 2014
- Guatemala Santa Rosa at 7-Eleven - March 3, 2014
- 7-Eleven’s new $1 Iced Coffee Wednesdays - August 5, 2013
- Can I afford single serve coffee? - February 8, 2012
- Tanzania Peaberry Coffee, CoffeeAM – Coffee Review - December 15, 2011
- Coconut Milk Creamer - September 25, 2011
- KIND Healthy Snacks Adds Two New Flavors - February 17, 2011