In an attempt to expand their offerings beyond coffee and tea, Starbucks has purchased San Bernardino, CA based Evolution Fresh Inc.
The purchase price was $30 million. Starbucks plans to open a new chain of wellness stores that will focus on juices and simple foods. “We are not just acquiring a juice company,” said Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz. “We are using this acquisition to position ourselves, in a broad way, to build a multibillion health and wellness business over time.”
Starbucks has not released a detailed plan at this time as to how many stores they plan to open and exactly when and where they plan to roll the first one out.
- Kitties and Coffee? Welcome to the Cat Cafe! - May 15, 2016
- Getting Frosty Cold With Coffee - July 1, 2014
- Coffee Flour Anyone? - April 11, 2014
- What Would Happen If Starbucks Had A Bouncer? - March 26, 2014
- Spice Up Your Holidays With Coffee - December 20, 2013
- The Holidays Bring Out the Best in One Starbucks’ Customer - December 19, 2013
- The Perfect Coffee Mug? - December 18, 2013
- We charge extra for rude???? - December 15, 2013
- Kopi Luwak Coffee Can Now Be Authenticated! - August 28, 2013
- Coffee, Your Liver’s New Best Friend - August 21, 2013