Did you know that coffee can offer relief for those who suffer from asthma ? I didn’t!
According to Bradenton Herald, it can. The text that follows is a clip from the article.
“Physicians have known about the beneficial effect of coffee for treating asthma since at least 1859 (Edinburgh Medical Journal). Research has shown that caffeine can open airways and improve asthma symptoms (New England Journal of Medicine, March 22, 1984). The dose is around three cups of strong coffee for an average adult.
Caffeine is related to theophylline, an old-fashioned asthma drug. As a result, decaf coffee will not work. Instant coffee contains less caffeine than brewed coffee, so a person might need a few more cups of instant.
You should not rely on caffeine to control asthma symptoms. Although it can be helpful in a pinch, prescribed medication offers more reliable relief.”
You can find more on other natural health fixes by visiting the same article at :
I am not claiming this to be a cure but only as entertaining reading.
- Alec Baldwin Not Happy With His Barista - September 9, 2011
- Kids, Coffee and ADHD, A Cure in A Cup? - September 8, 2011
- Garfield: Bean Me - June 11, 2009
- Coffee Investor’s Dream in a Tough Economy - June 4, 2009
- Topless Coffee Shop Burns to the Ground - June 3, 2009
- Need Coffee, Water, or Snacks for Your Office? Try OfficeCoffee for Leads - August 13, 2008
- Keurig Elite B40 Coffee Maker Review - July 14, 2008
- Yay! Got the old blog publish issue fixed! - October 19, 2007
- Entry for “Fill in the Blank” $50 Blog Contest - September 21, 2007
- MUST READ! Tips and Tricks Contest comes to a close….. - September 19, 2007