Use a 12 ounce mug and remember that Starbucks uses .75 oz of syrup per 4 oz of liquid and 1 shot espresso unless you’ve ordered a double shot for their Macchiato coffee drink. Please note that I have added the use of caramel syrup which in actuality Starbucks does not use it in the drink they make but it does add an extra something. Try it!
Ingredients you will use:
1. 3/4 cup steamed milk
2. 1 shot espresso
3. 1/4 ounce or 1 tsp. vanilla syrup (.25 oz per 4 oz liquid)
4. your favorite caramel sauce for drizzle. I recommend Ghirardelli Caramel Sauce because it is just fabulous!
5. 1/4 ounce or 1 tsp. caramel syrup such as Da Vinci Caramel Syrup
In your coffee mug, add vanilla syrup, caramel syrup and steamed milk. Top with milk foam and add freshly brewed espresso through the foam. Drizzle with caramel sauce. Don’t skimp on the caramel. Cause “it’s soooo good!”
What is Macchiato?
Here is Wikipedia‘s explanation for the meaning of “Macchiato”:
“Macchiato” simply means “marked” or “stained,” and in the case of caffè macchiato, this means literally “espresso stained/marked with milk.” Traditionally it is made with one shot of espresso, and the small amount of added milk was the “stain.” However, later the “mark” or “stain” came to refer to the foamed milk that was put on top to indicate the beverage has a little milk in it (usually about a teaspoon [in fact, the Portuguese word for a macchiato is “pingo,” which means “drop”]). The reason was for the baristas to show the serving waiters the difference between an espresso and an espresso with a little milk in it; the latter was marked. In the United States, “macchiato” is more likely to describe this variant (in contrast to latte macchiato), and thus arises the common confusion that “macchiato” literally means “foam,” or that a macchiato must necessarily have foam. (As the term “macchiato” to describe this type of coffee predates the common usage of foam in coffee by centuries, the staining “agent,” the additive that lightens the dark espresso, is traditionally the milk, not the foam.)
- Caramel Macchiato a Starbucks Copycat Recipe - September 26, 2008
- Coffee Mug Search For You! - September 23, 2008
- Make a Copy of Starbucks Gingerbread Latte - September 9, 2008
- Gingerbread Syrup : Buy It or Make It Yourself - September 9, 2008
- 5 More Delicious Coffee Quotes - September 6, 2008
- Coffee Cubes for Frozen Coffee Drink Recipes - September 3, 2008
- Maxwell House Dark Roast - September 1, 2008
- Sweeping Up The Espresso Beans At Starbucks - August 27, 2008
- Smokers Drink Their Tea and Coffee and Enjoy a Reduced Risk of Stroke - August 24, 2008
- Green Tree Coffee Coupon Code 25% off (exp: 08.31.08) - August 16, 2008