McDonald’s Premium Coffee vs Burger King ‘Joe’ Coffee
I just returned from a long and uneventful trip to Virginia to see my son get married. I’m referring to the trip itself as being uneventful. Not the stay at our son’s home.
Since you really find you do not have the time to search for a great cup of coffee when traveling, we decided that it would be either McDonald’s Premium Coffee or Burger King’s ‘JOE’ Coffee. The coffee isn’t bad either. But there are some distinct differences in the two.
McDonald’s Premium Coffee: Generally fresh all the time and especially when traveling a busy highway. Always available since they rule the fast food industry and you can find one on every corner.
The coffee (since changing over to their premium blend) is rich and damned if you can almost taste a hint of fresh ground beans! Some of the time anyway. We carry a thermos which holds two of their pot size coffees. I have discovered they really do not want to fill that monster up though and charge you less than an arm and leg. But! I also found if you really butter them up with compliments, they will do it for the price of two large cups $2.88 wow! Not bad, huh? Don’t forget to ask for the cups. They owe them to you. LMBO!
Burger King’s ‘Joe’ Coffee: Hmmm….. well, first off it is difficult most of the time to find a Burger King available at all times. In major cities, sure, they are there but not plentiful. Small cities, yeah, there too but you may have to go searching for it. You won’t see one from the highway.
When you do find one, beware of the age of the coffee! It could be old. If you have stopped by one on a busy interstate, most likely it will be fine though. They charge more than McDonald’s for a huge thermos, over $6 bucks.
The coffee is really good if fresh. Not as striking as Micky Dee’s but worthy of a mention for fast food coffee. It is rich but not as rich as the competition. People are not as friendly either. All in all, I find I can NOT have it my way. *winks*
My recommendation for traveling: Folks, if you can not find a Starbucks or the like, pick McDonalds. They are always there, and generally always open (on major interstates). The coffee is fresh and if it is not, they will make it for you. It passes the test for drinkable rich taste and doesn’t cost much. Be sure to pass out the nice words and you may get a deal too. Burger King…. one thumb down and one up for you. Well, one half way up.
- Alec Baldwin Not Happy With His Barista - September 9, 2011
- Kids, Coffee and ADHD, A Cure in A Cup? - September 8, 2011
- Garfield: Bean Me - June 11, 2009
- Coffee Investor’s Dream in a Tough Economy - June 4, 2009
- Topless Coffee Shop Burns to the Ground - June 3, 2009
- Need Coffee, Water, or Snacks for Your Office? Try OfficeCoffee for Leads - August 13, 2008
- Keurig Elite B40 Coffee Maker Review - July 14, 2008
- Yay! Got the old blog publish issue fixed! - October 19, 2007
- Entry for “Fill in the Blank” $50 Blog Contest - September 21, 2007
- MUST READ! Tips and Tricks Contest comes to a close….. - September 19, 2007