Coffee Not Linked to Tinnitus
For decades people have believed that there is a negative link between tinnitus, which is ringing in the ear, and coffee consumption. Namely, many people believed that drinking coffee could cause increased ringing in the ear. In fact, if you suffer from tinnitus and stop drinking coffee, your problem might just get worse according to the Researchers at Bristol University’s Center for Hearing and Balance.
Dr. Lindsay St. Clare, the head researcher,told
ScienceDaily that the studies dismissed the correlation between coffee and tinnitus. “With almost 85 per cent of adults in the world consuming caffeine daily, we wanted to challenge the claim that caffeine makes tinnitus worse. Many professionals support caffeine withdrawal as a tinnitus therapy, even though there is a lack of any relevant evidence, and, in fact, acute symptoms of caffeine withdrawal might even make tinnitus worse.” St. Clare said.
So, go head and have a latte!
- Kitties and Coffee? Welcome to the Cat Cafe! - May 15, 2016
- Getting Frosty Cold With Coffee - July 1, 2014
- Coffee Flour Anyone? - April 11, 2014
- What Would Happen If Starbucks Had A Bouncer? - March 26, 2014
- Spice Up Your Holidays With Coffee - December 20, 2013
- The Holidays Bring Out the Best in One Starbucks’ Customer - December 19, 2013
- The Perfect Coffee Mug? - December 18, 2013
- We charge extra for rude???? - December 15, 2013
- Kopi Luwak Coffee Can Now Be Authenticated! - August 28, 2013
- Coffee, Your Liver’s New Best Friend - August 21, 2013