As most of you know, Starbucks has released a new size of coffee, the Trenta, which bosts 916ml of liquid bliss, available in all markets on May 3rd. Apparently it has been a success in the test markets, despite the large calorie punch that it can pack on the waistline.
This is causing some stir given the obesity crisis that now faces the United States. The average human stomach cannot hold 916ml. The average capacity is only 900ml. Given that number, its best to pass up the pastry or risk exploding, or at least being in desperate discomfort, neither of which I am a fan of. I love coffee, don’t get me wrong, but this is one big cup of Joe. It puts it into prospective when you consider that the average bottle of wine is 750ml. Now you see what I mean.
Given the sugar content of some of the drinks, this is likely to send us into a diabetic coma. Although I know it cannot be “good” for me, I will most likely drink it anyway because, lets face it, we here at CoffeeSage like our coffee, A LOT! I’ll just try to sip it over a long period of time and do my best to pace myself. Perhaps this new super-sized marvel will become one of those “drink/food challenges”. I might just be able to win that competition!
- Kitties and Coffee? Welcome to the Cat Cafe! - May 15, 2016
- Getting Frosty Cold With Coffee - July 1, 2014
- Coffee Flour Anyone? - April 11, 2014
- What Would Happen If Starbucks Had A Bouncer? - March 26, 2014
- Spice Up Your Holidays With Coffee - December 20, 2013
- The Holidays Bring Out the Best in One Starbucks’ Customer - December 19, 2013
- The Perfect Coffee Mug? - December 18, 2013
- We charge extra for rude???? - December 15, 2013
- Kopi Luwak Coffee Can Now Be Authenticated! - August 28, 2013
- Coffee, Your Liver’s New Best Friend - August 21, 2013