Thought I would share a little tip with you. In order to relieve puffiness, make fine lines appear smaller, (some times even big lines), and give my face an over-all pick-me-up, I sometimes coat my face in home-made coffee masks and make caffeinated astringents.
You can exfoliate with espresso-ground coffee beans by mixing (this is how I do it) them with a bit of Noxema or other non-greasy face cleanser. You can also mix very strong brewed (cooled) coffee with alcohol and use as an astringent that will actually perk you up!
It is possible that coffee can protect against sun damage as well. Caffeine dehydrates fat cells and acts as a mild diuretic. It can be put into eye gels as a vasoconstrictor, to temporarily tighten skin and diminish dark circles. Some eye gels actually have caffeine already in them.
Caffeine also acts as an antioxidant to the skin. Not to shabby for a bean.
Try it out. Report back with your thoughts. Personally, I love having coffee all over me. lol
- Alec Baldwin Not Happy With His Barista - September 9, 2011
- Kids, Coffee and ADHD, A Cure in A Cup? - September 8, 2011
- Garfield: Bean Me - June 11, 2009
- Coffee Investor’s Dream in a Tough Economy - June 4, 2009
- Topless Coffee Shop Burns to the Ground - June 3, 2009
- Need Coffee, Water, or Snacks for Your Office? Try OfficeCoffee for Leads - August 13, 2008
- Keurig Elite B40 Coffee Maker Review - July 14, 2008
- Yay! Got the old blog publish issue fixed! - October 19, 2007
- Entry for “Fill in the Blank” $50 Blog Contest - September 21, 2007
- MUST READ! Tips and Tricks Contest comes to a close….. - September 19, 2007