Here we go again! Yet another discovery on coffee and our health. It would seem that coffee is becoming a more valuable (asset) everyday. Now it has been found to have a nice effect on our nose organ. ermm.. our sense of smell. It appears to have a calming effect and helps to reduce stress. I know for one, smelling fresh coffee does make me feel good and calms me.
Here is an excerpt:
According to researchers at Seoul National University in South Korea, laboratory rats exposed to the aroma of roasted coffee beans experienced higher levels of activity in a number of genes, including some that produce proteins with healthful antioxidant activity.
Antioxidants are compounds that defend our bodies against cell damage caused by free-radicals. The antioxidants in coffeeâ€™s aroma are different from those contained in liquid coffee and, in effect, helped ease the stress of the rats that smelled the coffee.
Now, if I was a rat…..
Read more about this at: dBusiness News
- Caramel Macchiato a Starbucks Copycat Recipe - September 26, 2008
- Coffee Mug Search For You! - September 23, 2008
- Make a Copy of Starbucks Gingerbread Latte - September 9, 2008
- Gingerbread Syrup : Buy It or Make It Yourself - September 9, 2008
- 5 More Delicious Coffee Quotes - September 6, 2008
- Coffee Cubes for Frozen Coffee Drink Recipes - September 3, 2008
- Maxwell House Dark Roast - September 1, 2008
- Sweeping Up The Espresso Beans At Starbucks - August 27, 2008
- Smokers Drink Their Tea and Coffee and Enjoy a Reduced Risk of Stroke - August 24, 2008
- Green Tree Coffee Coupon Code 25% off (exp: 08.31.08) - August 16, 2008