Top 10 Highest Priced Coffees In The World $$
Top 10 Most Expensive Coffees In The World
According to Forbes and the article is somewhat old but not so much that anything has changed, these are the most expensive coffees in the world. I did some needed research and find it to be true although I swear Kopi Luwak was more expensive than $160 a pound. Oh well, there just aren’t that many people willing to give a price like that for poop coffee, now is there. Enjoy the list. Oh yeah! And read my Kopi review I wrote some time back if you have a mind to find out where it comes from: Kopi Luwak Review
Coffee: Kopi Luwak
Grown in: Indonesia
Yup.. I have tried it since I first reviewed it and well…. it is different, but I would not call it good or worth the price. Sorry about that.
Cost: $160 per pound
Coffee: Hacienda La Esmeralda
Grown in: Boquete, Panama
Hard to come by. I have not tried it.
Cost: $104 per pound
Coffee: Island of St. Helena Coffee Company
Grown in: St. Helena
A new one on me. No idea. Anyone?
Cost: $79 per pound
Coffee: El Injerto
Grown in: Huehuetenango, Guatemala
Still waiting to try.
Cost: $25 per pound green at auction
Expected to retail for more than $50 per pound
Coffee: Fazenda Santa Ines
Grown in: Minas Gerais, Brazil
Have not tried yet.
Cost: $50 per pound green at auction
Coffee: Blue Mountain
Grown in: Wallenford Estate, Jamaica
Oh Lord… what a nice bean. Mellow yet bold enough to get your attention. Smooth and addictive.
Cost: $49 per pound
Coffee: Los Planes
Grown in: Citala, El Salvador
Not had the pleasure of trying this one yet.
Cost: $30 per 12 ounces ($40 per pound)
Grown in: Hawaii
One of my favorites. Not fond of a lighter roast but this one is usually the best.
Cost: $30 per 14 ounces (about $34 per pound)
Coffee: Yauco Selecto AA
Grown in: Puerto Rico
Inconsistent but still a good cup if made right.
Cost: $22 per pound
Coffee: Fazenda Sao Benedito
Grown in: Minas Gerias, Brazil
A local coffee shop had a bit of this a couple months back.. maybe it was several months. Time flies. Rich and rewarding. A bit nutty and smoky and a somewhat lingering aftertaste. a good cup.
Cost: $21 per pound
- Caramel Macchiato a Starbucks Copycat Recipe - September 26, 2008
- Coffee Mug Search For You! - September 23, 2008
- Make a Copy of Starbucks Gingerbread Latte - September 9, 2008
- Gingerbread Syrup : Buy It or Make It Yourself - September 9, 2008
- 5 More Delicious Coffee Quotes - September 6, 2008
- Coffee Cubes for Frozen Coffee Drink Recipes - September 3, 2008
- Maxwell House Dark Roast - September 1, 2008
- Sweeping Up The Espresso Beans At Starbucks - August 27, 2008
- Smokers Drink Their Tea and Coffee and Enjoy a Reduced Risk of Stroke - August 24, 2008
- Green Tree Coffee Coupon Code 25% off (exp: 08.31.08) - August 16, 2008