Keurig Elite B40 Coffee Maker Review
Review in Coffee Makers on the Keurig Gourmet Single Cup Brewer - B40
I’ve tried several single cup coffee makers but actually have only managed to review two of them. One is actually considered a press while the other is a single cup brewing machine. I thought since I do have the Keurig Elite B40 sitting on the counter, I should review it.
Do I like it? Well, yes, I do but I have yet to find one that I want to tell you that I love and can’t do without. The main thing that I have a problem with is the coffee taste when I compare it with a full brewed pot in a different coffee maker. One should be able to love a single cup not just tolerate it. I exaggerate though. The difference is very small and only one who wants their coffee to sprout legs and walk on its own would notice that difference. It really is a bit more than tolerable. And with all the newest k-cups on the market, I am certain that you (and myself) can manage to find something to your liking.
Just considering the coffee maker its self, I do love it. It is simple to use and makes a cup quickly. I can have a fresh cup within a 30 seconds from start to finish with the water pre-heated and about 60 seconds if you have had the machine off and need to wait for the water to heat. And that is perfect if you are in a hurry thus making the taste tolerable. It is very simple to clean. Once brewing has stopped, you can just remove the k-cup and throw it away wiping up any liquid that has drip onto the drip pan. You’ll want to clean the k-cup holder from time to time.
The Keurig Elite B40 has 2 brew sizes: 9.25 oz. & 7.25 oz. and removable 48oz. water reservoir plus a removable drip tray. It weighs about 15 pounds full and runs on 1500 watts.
You can leave the machine plugged in in order to keep the water pre-heated. Been somewhat green-ish though, I do turn mine off for the most part. The only difference is you’ll have to wait a bit longer for the cup of coffee to brew. Also, there is the issue of those empty plastic k-cup empties. Those can add up over time but I am sure sooner or later I (or someone else) will figure out something useful for those. Not as bad as diapers I’d say.
The cost is affordable. About $99 through Keurig with a free 18 count k-cup package and FREE shipping or get about the same deal through Amazon (see image in review here)
I do recommend the Keurig Elite B40 and I wish you many single cups of coffee love.
- Alec Baldwin Not Happy With His Barista - September 9, 2011
- Kids, Coffee and ADHD, A Cure in A Cup? - September 8, 2011
- Garfield: Bean Me - June 11, 2009
- Coffee Investor’s Dream in a Tough Economy - June 4, 2009
- Topless Coffee Shop Burns to the Ground - June 3, 2009
- Need Coffee, Water, or Snacks for Your Office? Try OfficeCoffee for Leads - August 13, 2008
- Keurig Elite B40 Coffee Maker Review - July 14, 2008
- Yay! Got the old blog publish issue fixed! - October 19, 2007
- Entry for “Fill in the Blank” $50 Blog Contest - September 21, 2007
- MUST READ! Tips and Tricks Contest comes to a close….. - September 19, 2007